“They would rather die for their chicks than seek safety in flight . . .”
Aldrovandi – 16th century
Chickens are cheerful, intelligent birds. The mother hen tenderly cares
for her chicks, and roosters protect their families and flocks.
We urge people to do an ACTION for chickens on May 4. Show the world
that chickens are people too! Ideas:
· Write a letter/op-ed to the editor
· Get on a radio talk show
· Table at your local mall
· Arrange a library display/video presentation
· Have a Respect for Chickens Day celebration at your school
· Leaflet at a busy street corner/ your local university
· Have a We-Don’t-Eat-Our-Feathered-Friends Vegan Party!
· Show the movie Chicken Run!!!
UPC has posters, brochures, videos.
United Poultry Concerns, PO Box 150, Machipongo, VA 23405
757-678-7875 Karen@upc-online.org www.upc-online.org
International Respect for Chickens Day May 4, 2005
A day to celebrate chickens throughout the world.