• 16-ounce package of powdered sugar
• 6 tablespoons vegan margarine, softened
• 3 tablespoons soymilk or other nondairy alternative
• 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• Food coloring, commercial or natural
- Beet juice or cherry juice from canned goods makes pink or red
Blueberry juice makes lavender or purple
- Turmeric powder (a spice) makes yellow or gold
- Bottled liquid chlorophyl makes green
In a medium bowl, add powdered sugar. (Using a flour sifter to add it in will eliminate chunks). Add rest of ingredients. Using an electric mixer at
medium-low speed, beat all ingredients until creamy. Add more soymilk a teaspoon at a time until you achieve your desired consistence. Separate
frosting into small bowls. In each, add a tiny bit of coloring and mix well. Add more coloring for darker hues.
UPC thanks Janelle Davidson for sharing this delicious recipe with us.