Recipe From The Costco Connection, December 2015
- ½ cup dairy-free margarine
- 5 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons plant-based milk
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup raspberry (and/or apricot) jam
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla-flavored plant-based milk
Heat oven to 350 F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Combine margarine, coconut oil, coconut extract and powdered sugar in a bowl; stir well. Add
cornstarch and flour; stir well. Add plant-based milk gradually until soft dough forms. Refrigerate dough 15 minutes.
Roll cookie dough into 1 inch balls and roll in coconut. Place on prepared sheet, 1 inch apart.
Prepare the filling: Stir the filling ingredients together in a bowl.
Create an indentation in each cookie dough ball. Spoon filling into the indentations. Bake 12-15 minutes, until golden.
Prepare the drizzle: Place coconut oil and powdered sugar in a bowl; stir well. Stir in milk until creamy. Drizzle over cookies. Makes approximately 2