The pain of losing them is the price we pay for the privilege
of knowing them and sharing their lives. . . .
We thank those people who have contributed to our work with recent donations In Loving Memory of the following beloved companion animals:
- My friend Cheapie, a dear rooster. Cheapie followed me everywhere, and my cats adopted him too. He'd peck and stomp and rage against the setting sun until I could settle him to sleep in "his chair." Cheapie was so full of life. I miss him terribly, from Catherine Broadhead.
- My three rescued chickens, with thanks for your article about your dear rescued chicken, Katie, from Edith Mary Browning.
- My Dachshund, Max, who died October 23, 2001. I love the work you do to help poultry, from Bernard Caley.
- Pip, our cat for more than fifteen years. Pip had been abandoned in a box when he was 4 weeks old. He was small, but he became a leader, from Phyllis and Paul Deane.
- My little flock rescued from a Montessori School: Yoyo, Tink, Lolae Feet, Hanah Green, our hens, and Giles and Chacha, our roosters, from Sandy Kay.
- Boris, beloved UPC turkey, and Matilda, from Edna-Ann Senecal.
- Kubla Khan, from Marjorie Wahlstrom.