Accredited Animal Shelter
PoultryPress is published quarterly by United Poultry Concerns, Inc.,
a national nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization incorporated in the State of Maryland.
Federal I.D.: 52-1705678
Photo © Davida G. Breier & www.NoVoiceUnheard.org
UPC sanctuary turkey, Amelia, sits quietly in her favorite nesting place.
Inside This Issue
- Ritual Sacrifice: “The reduction of living beings to objects upon whom atrocities can be heaped.”
- New UPC Store at www.Printfection.com - T-shirts, Aprons, Bags, and more!
- Why Chickens Should Be Eliminated From Kapparot Ceremonies
- How Houdini and His Flock Escaped From Kapparot Sacrifice
- Book Recommendation By Mark Hawthorne: Prisoned Chickens, Poisoned Eggs
- Freddaflower Memorial & Appreciation Fund
- Kapparot Chicken “Swinging” Ritual: A Story of Suffering in the Clutches of “Custom”
- Chicken Abuse by San Francisco’s Live Animal Vendors: An Update
- NPR Report: “Swinging Chicken Ritual Divides Orthodox Jews”
- Vegetarian Thanksgiving Open House on the Virginia Eastern Shore
- The Social Life of Chickens: A Visual Lecture & a Book Signing with Karen Davis in NYC
- Vegan Recipe Corner: Homemade Tofu “Turkey”