Accredited Animal Shelter
PoultryPress is published quarterly by United Poultry Concerns, Inc.,
a national nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization incorporated in the State of Maryland.
Federal I.D.: 52-1705678
In the New “New World,” Turkeys are Friends, Not Food.
Recognizing that people invent traditions to meet new and changing needs can be liberating, because it allows us to feel freer to revise our traditions to meet our evolving perceptions, for example to be vegan instead of violent.
Inside This Issue
- Praises for For the Birds: From Exploitation to Liberation by Karen Davis, PhD
- Updated Brochure Coming Soon: Life Can Be Beautiful - Go Vegan!
- Plant Power
- Tell Liberty Mutual Insurance to Pull Their Emu Ads
- Victims in the Shadows: Emus
- High School Football Players Get a Pass For Luring, Beating & Strangling a Duck to Death
- Cutie, My Precious Turkey, Was a True Joy to Me
- Every Gun Was Aimed At Them: The Wild Turkey in America
- Freddaflower Memorial & Appreciation Fund
- Chicken “Chucking” Contest: Karen Davis’s Letter Published
- Ads for Turkeys!
- In the Midst of This Year’s Kaporos Chicken Carnage in Brooklyn, Activists Rescued Many Chickens Before, During, and After the Ritual
- Vegan Recipe Corner: Vegan Pumpkin Pie (Super Easy!)
Free Ways to Help United Poultry Concerns Raise Much-Needed Funds