On 4th May, Wire Fence Will Donate 100% of its Profit for International Respect for Chickens Day
Updated: Apr 27th, 2022
Wire Fence will give away 100% of our profits made on Wednesday 4th May for International Respect for Chickens Day to a UK chicken rescue centre.
If you are a chicken rescue centre or a charity supporting the welfare of hens and you are in need of additional funds please follow the steps on how to apply mentioned at the bottom of this blog.
You can read more about our monthly donations here.
What is International Respect For Chickens Day?
Launched by United Poultry Concerns in 2005, International Respect For Chickens Day aims to raise awareness of the inhumane conditions agricultural poultry is subjected to. The event is celebrated every year on the 4th of May, however, the whole month of May is designated to campaigning for chicken welfare.
This is the second year Wire Fence takes part in this initiative, aiming to show our support for the fight for the ethical treatment of chicken and other farm animals.
Why is Chicken Welfare Important?
- According to World Animal Protection, factory farmed chickens live for 42 days on average – this is an extraordinarily short lifespan compared to their normal life expectancy.
- United Poultry Concerns shares how cruelly chickens in the meat and egg industry are being treated, with conditions ranging from blindness, broken bones and starvation.
- Just like humans, chicken love to socialise, communicate with each other, and sunbathe on a nice day. They are even able to dream, according to PETA.
- The recent avian influenza pandemics led to millions of chickens being subjected to inhumane experiments and mass extermination, as reported by United Poultry Concerns.
What We are Doing to Help
We will donate 100% of the profits made by Wire Fence on the 4th May to a charity or organisation supporting chicken welfare.
Are you a Chicken Rescue Centre?
If you are a charity supporting the welfare of hens we would love to hear from you. The application is open to any UK charity.
Please follow these steps to apply for the funds:
- Go to our Facebook page
- Find our post about this event
- Share the post publicly
- Collect as many likes as you can on your shared post until the 4th of May.
The donation will be sent to the organisation that gets the most likes on Facebook until the 4th of May. We will announce the results on the 6th of May.