Accredited Animal Shelter
PoultryPress is published quarterly by United Poultry Concerns, Inc.,
a national nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization incorporated in the State of Maryland.
Federal I.D.: 52-1705678
Photos © Davida G. Breier & www.NoVoiceUnheard.org
In March, UPC adopted 13 suffering hens into our sanctuary, just as they were being transferred in crates from Little Rhody Egg Farms, a battery hen facility in Rhode Island, to Antonelli’s squalid poultry market in Providence, RI. Today, Althea, Agnes and Audrey live happily at United Poultry Concerns!
Inside This Issue
- Little Rhody Egg Farms: Starving Hens for Profit
- Now Available from UPC! “Free-Range” Poultry and Eggs – Not All They’re Cracked Up To Be
- Dahlia and Lena – Two Hens Battle Over One Baby Chick
- Humane Meat? It may seem easier to eat “humane meat” than choose vegetarian, but in fact it’s not.
- Freddaflower Memorial & Appreciation Fund
- United Poultry Concerns Annual Report for 2008
- Live Chickens Sold in Sealed Bags by San Francisco Markets
- Prisoned Chickens, Poisoned Eggs – Essential Reading
- Vegan Recipe Corner: Cock-A-Doodle Crème-Filled Crumb Cake