Accredited Animal Shelter
PoultryPress is published quarterly by United Poultry Concerns, Inc.,
a national nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization incorporated in the State of Maryland.
Federal I.D.: 52-1705678
Benjamin, one of our beloved sanctuary roosters, was left one cold day at the bottom of our yard next to the road. We found him alone and shivering in a plastic box, with a brick on top. When we introduced him as a new resident to our sanctuary, all of our chickens – including the other roosters! – welcomed him into their flock. Everybody loves dear, sweet Benjamin.
Photo of UPC Resident Benjamin from an upcoming book from No Voice Unheard (www.NoVoiceUnheard.org). © Davida G. Breier & No Voice Unheard, 2008.
Inside This Issue
- UPC Campaign to Save Canandaigua Chickens Succeeds!
- Freddaflower Memorial & Appreciation Fund
- California Voters Pass Proposition 2 with 63% of the Vote
- The Mother Turkey and Her Young
- UPC Urges Compassionate Kapparot Ceremonies
- “Questioning Kapparot” in the Fall Edition of B’nai B’rith Magazine
- When the Chickens Went on Strike
- Cooper the Rooster
- Vegan Recipe Corner: Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
- Holiday artwork courtesy of UPC member David Olk