Accredited Animal Shelter
PoultryPress is published quarterly by United Poultry Concerns, Inc.,
a national nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization incorporated in the State of Maryland.
Federal I.D.: 52-1705678
Photo © Davida G. Breier & www.NoVoiceUnheard.org
Frankencense, our peacock, flew into our sanctuary one cold November day in 2002 and he has lived here ever since. He wanders widely in the woods and fields, and he flies straight up to the highest tree branches at dusk, calling loudly until nightfall. Peafowl and chickens belong to the family of birds known as pheasants, Phasianidae. It's a joy having Frankencense and our chickens together in our sanctuary.
Inside This Issue
- International Respect for Chickens Day May 4, 2009
- Now Available from UPC! When the Chickens Went on Strike
- Join the Veggie Pride Parade in New York City!
- Prisoned Chickens, Poisoned Eggs: Bringing the Plight of Chickens to Light
- For Immediate Release: Prisoned Chickens, Poisoned Eggs Sheds Light in New Edition
- Remembering Mr. Joy, Who Brought Joy to Nursing Home Residents
- Freddaflower Memorial & Appreciation Fund
- UPC Welcomes 60 Hens from Mississippi Cockfighting Raid
- Life and Death on Little Rhody Egg Farms
- Investigators See Improvement for Turkeys at Sara Lee Plant
- Vegan Recipe Corner: Red Robin’s Tofu Scramble