Accredited Animal Shelter
PoultryPress is published quarterly by United Poultry Concerns, Inc.,
a national nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization incorporated in the State of Maryland.
Federal I.D.: 52-1705678
United Poultry Concerns
PO Box 150
Machipongo, Virginia 23405-0150 USA
Visit Our Web Site:
We’re running this full-page ad in the Virginia Association of Science Teachers Program for this year’s VAST convention in Williamsburg, Virginia, November 15-17. We expect an enthusiastic response to our literature for teachers and students and appreciate this golden opportunity to advocate for the birds!
Inside This Issue
- The Alliance to End Chickens as Kaporos is Proud to Announce Our Week of Vigils
- Court of Appeals Will Hear Case Against Chicken Kaporos, Oct. 17, 2018
- Drug Wars: Consumer Reports vs. U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Empire Kosher Chicken Linked to Deadly Salmonella Outbreak
- Are Feminists Right to Resist Comparison with the Females of Other Species?
- Why I am NOT an Apologetic Vegan
- In July We Welcomed 50 Birds from a Cockfighting Bust in Virginia Beach!
- Is It Wrong to Buy Animals to Save Them from Suffering?
- Mister Rogers: “Animals Are For Loving, Not Chewing”
- Freddaflower Memorial & Appreciation Fund
- “Killing IT”: “It’s a Deeply Personal Thing,” Guest Tells NPR’s Fresh Air
- Trader Joe’s Cage-Free Egg Lawsuit Reaches Settlement
- University of MD Diamondback Ads
- Stress and Death for Chickens in Transport Cages. . . Pilgrim’s Pride
- Vegan Recipe Corner: Vegan Quiche Muffins with Sun-dried Tomatoes
Free Ways to Help United Poultry Concerns Raise Much-Needed Funds